Icom UC-FR5000 IDAS Trunking Controller Board (#1 single site trunk)
Key features of Icom UC-FR5000 IDAS Trunking Controller Board (#1 single site trunk)
• For single site trunking system
• Provides IP connection between repeaters
• Upgradable to #2 type (IP multi site)
Further details of Icom UC-FR5000 IDAS Trunking Controller Board (#1 single site trunk)
The UC-FR5000 IDAS digital trunking and network controller board adds digital trunking features and IP repeater control capabilities to the digital IDAS network. This new board can work with the IC-FR5100/FR6100 IDAS repeater series.
Distributed control channel
The IDAS trunking system is a distributed system, which does not use a dedicated control channel. The IDAS trunking services on any requested channel, and every channel can be used for voice communications, while the repeater is not required to transmit a control signal continuously.
Up to 30 repeaters in a system
The IDAS Trunking system can have up to 30 repeaters (RF units) per site interconnected with a data bus* (Category 5 straight cable). All of the connected repeaters can be configured from a web-based interface.
*Cannot be used for multi-site connection at this time.
Number of unit ID and talkgroup ID
Each subscriber unit on an IDAS trunking system must be registered to one of the repeaters designated as a home channel and given a unit ID code or talkgroup ID code. The combination of home repeater and identification codes is used as a unique identifier. The IDAS trunking system has a potential ability to handle up to 2,000 unit ID codes and 2,000 talkgroup ID codes per system.
Secondary home channel
If the home repeater fails, the system automatically switches to a secondary repeater/channel for backup operation.
Area bit setting
If there are two IDAS trunk systems using the same frequency within a close area, the area bit setting allows the subscriber unit to identify its own repeater site.
Improved coverage in digital mode
Icom engineers observed the same increase in coverage while beta testing the IDAS digital trunking that has been observed in digital conventional mode.
The following features are also available in IDAS trunking mode as well as IDAS conventional mode:
Two RF modules in one unit
The IC-FR5100 series uses only 2U height and has an internal space for installing another RF unit, the optional UR-FR5000 series. Two RF modules* can be installed in the chassis, saving installation space. Therefore a 10 channel IDAS trunking system would use a 10U height, instead of a 20U height.
* For a two channel IDAS trunking repeater, two UC-FR5000s are required.
Increase spectrum efficiency
IDAS trunking offers spectrum efficiency further with 6.25kHz channel spacing.
Background Noise Reduction
IDAS radios uses the AMBE+2™ codec providing crisp and clear communication and simultaneous data communication.
Selective call, group call and talk group ID (Subscriber units only)
The IDAS system allows you to call individual or group users. The talk group ID shows group ID, unit ID or alias name on the display while receiving* a message.
* This function is similar to the analog mode PTT ID function, however, the IDAS radio can keep sending ID information during a voice transmission, so the receiving IDAS radio can decode the ID even when breaking into a conversation. (Late entry is possible)
Digital voice scrambler (Subscriber units only)
The IDAS trunking system provides a secure communication using 15-bit key (about 32,000 keys) voice scrambler.
UC-FR5000 Additional Features
Other functions (Subscriber units only)
• Status call/request
• Radio check
• Call alert
• Remote radio stun/kill/revive
• Emergency call/Priority call
• Call log
• Remote radio monitor...Remotely turns on the PTT and transmits anything the microphone hears for a preprogrammed time period, if in an emergency situation
• GPS position data...Send and receive GPS position information data with status message
• Short Data Message...Send and receive up to a 12-character short data message