Icom IC-F8101 HF Shortwave Two-Way Mobile Transceiver Radio
Key features of Icom IC-F8101 HF Shortwave Two-Way Mobile Transceiver Radio
• Rx: 0,5-29,9999MHz; Tx: 1,6-29,9999
• 3 types of controller configuration (controller attached, detached controller, command microphone) (The price may vary according to the configuration!)
• GPS receiver can be connected
• Built-in DSP processor
• ALE, selective call, SSB, AM, CW, data communication
• Maximum 125W RF output power
• Confirms with IP54 standard (dust-protection and water resistant)
• Equivalent to MIL-STD 810 C, D, E, and F requirements
• For export purpose only
• The price referres to command microphone version.
Further details of Icom IC-F8101 HF Shortwave Two-Way Mobile Transceiver Radio
The Icom's professional shortwave HF radio is available in several control configurations. For example: with connected hand-held microphone, remote-controlled hand-held microphone, detachable front panel. The manufacturer's decades of experience and three decades of presence on the market of the domestic distributor guarantee that by choosing the Icom brand, you will vote for a reliable radio in the long run.
• ALE (Automatic Link Establishment): ALE is a system that automatically selects the most suitable channel and establishes a communication link. ALE provides interoperability with other 2G ALE manufactures compliant with the FED-STD-1045A ALE standard. ALE individual call, net call, sounding and AMD (Automatic message display) are available. • Selcall (Selective calling): The The IC-F8101 provides CCIR493 based 4/6 digit open standards Selcalls, commonly used in HF networks and calls based on the 4/6 digit scheme used in the Icom IC-F7000. Selcall types: selective calling, phone call, message call, position call, status call, emergency call and channel test call. Stun command remotely disables radio operation.
• Fanless, enclosed structure and compact body: The The IC-F8101 has a durable, enclosed structure securely sealed from intrusion by all potential elements, and is a visibly compact package. The IC-F8101 and the CFUF8100 cooling fan unit has been tested to MIL-STD-810-G and IP54 ratings. Also, connection cables and connectors are IP54 water resistant.
• 125W* of powerful RF output: A full 125W output power at full duty cycle voice mode operation is possible with the fanless design. A 25% duty cycle operation is possible in the data mode (Maximum 5 minutes of continuous transmission). When used with the CFU-F8100 optional external cooling fan unit, the IC-F8101 ensures full duty cycle data and voice mode operations for absolute reliability during long continuous transmit cycles, or for operation in hot climates.
• BITE (Built-in Test Equipment) Function: You can check the transceiver's condition by using the BITE capability. Auto, logic, receiver, and transmitter are selectable.
• Three different controller configurations are available to suit almost any way of use/installation that may be required. For detached controller version (#02) or remote-controller microphone version (#03), a separation cable is required separately. The separation cable length is selectable from 1.9m (6.2ft) to 8m (26.2ft).
- (#01) Controller attached configuration Ideal for standard desktop use or quick set-up in a field station.
- (#02) Detached controller configuration Stow the RF unit in a place of convenience during in-vehicle installation or where space is at a premium.
- (#03) Remote-controller microphone configuration Increases the user’s ability to operate more features of the radio safely, especially during mobile operation.
• The IC-F8101 is designed for simple, straightforward operation. The Administrator/User access feature limits the functions that can be accessed by the user. The Administrator can enter the operating frequency and assign memory channels from the front panel or the remote control microphone. The following functions can be assigned to the [I], [II], and [III] function buttons: Main menu, Manager menu, Set mode, Selcall address list, RX history, and TX history.
• The clear talk function automatically reduces the noise and eliminates the need to be an expert operator at the touch of a button.
• The IC-F8101 has 3 types of mute functions, call squelch, S-meter squelch and voice squelch. The call squelch function opens the squelch on when received a selcall or ALE call intended to the station and provides quiet standby.
• The DSP allows flexible filter width setting from wide, middle and narrow without an optional filter.
• GPS receiver connection: When connected an external GPS receiver*, the IC-F8101 can send current position data to other station and shows position information, time, altitude and heading of movement on the display.
• Data communications: The IC-F8101 has the capability to install a RapidM TC4 HF Data Modem Module* internally. This allows you to send and receive HF e-mails using a PC. * Third party products.
• USB Port for PC Connection: The IC-F8101 can be connected to a PC through a USB port for HF e-mail and modulation input.
• Multiple operating modes (SSB, AM, CW and Data mode)
• 500kHz to 29.999MHz general coverage receiver (TX: 1.6MHz to 29.999MHz) and VFO mode operation
• 500 Selcall, 500 ALE address memories
• ±0.3ppm frequency stability (–30˚C to +60˚C)
• TX Power protection (PA unit high temperature, high SWR, low battery)
• Display mode: SWR, voltage, clock, GPS position, direction and elevation
• FCC part 90 compliant (USA version)