Alfatronix PowerVerter PV-USB-WPOD Mounting Pod
• Mounting wall pod for PowerVerter PVPro USB charger
• Dimensions (mm): 60,5 width; 75,9 height; 25,6 depth; 22g weight
• USB charger not included!
• The widespread use of smartphones and computer tablets has created an increasing need for user accessible, on the move charging systems. The PowerVerter USB Chargers can be easily installed onto any vehicle and allow both drivers and passengers to readily access power to charge any device connected via a USB lead. This type of system has the distinct advantage of largely negating the need for mains electricity on vehicles. The 5Volt DC power is much safer than mains, so installation is quick and simple. Passengers can access the charging facility directly and power their equipment simply through the USB charging lead which is supplied with all such products.
All versions in the range can be connected directly to both 12Vdc and 24Vdc systems without adjustment. The advanced electronic design will also automatically detect if the device is an Apple or Android configuration and alter the charging process accordingly. This ensures that whatever device is connected, be it Apple, Android, iPad, phone or tablet, it will always be charged as fully as time and capacity allow.
• The PowerVerter USB range has been completely re-designed for 2016 to include a standard design that can be used in regular as well as slim-line installations. Aesthetically the design has been improved with a dark grey body and contrasting light grey ring as well as an attractive and more obvious LED indicator. This helps to draw attention to the unit and encourages use. Part numbers are: PVPro-S for
a single output and PVPro-D for a double output.
• The front fitting system has also been improved with a round bezel with tamperproof covering ring to hide the screws, yet still allow the unit to be replaced quickly and easily should this be required. Part numbers are: PVPro- SFf (single output) and PVPro-DFf (double output).
• Electronically, the design now includes automatic short circuit detection, so in the event of tampering or compromise, the unit will automatically shut down, then re-start again once the fault has been removed.
•A charger only version is also available for permanent, behind the scenes installations without customer interface. Part number is: PV-USB2. The range is completed with our ‘Pod’. This is ideal for retrofit installations and is designed to fit underneath the seat in front. This system can also be bought as a complete assembly including; PVPro USB charger, pod and 1.2m of fused cable. Please order part numbers; PVPro-S-Assy (single) and PVPro-DAssy (double).
• The PowerVerter USB chargers offer an advanced design that effectively counteracts the voltage drop common when output currents vary as different devices charge at different rates. This avoids the common problem of the phone or tablet indicating it is charging when in fact very little current is being supplied. They also have an exceptionally low quiescent current of less that 2mA meaning that multiple devices can safely be installed throughout buses and coaches without materially discharging the battery.
• They have been designed to meet the rigorous standards required for on board commercial vehicle applications including BS EN50498 and ISO 7637-2 and are both CE and E marked. The casings are made from V0 rated (self-extinguishing) high impact polycarbonate and the electronic assembly is predominantly by computer controlled SMT for maximum reliability. All versions have a subtle blue LED light to highlight their location on the vehicle.
• Like all products, the USB chargers are manufactured using rugged components to provide years of service in demanding commercial environments. Due to the limitations of public use, the guarantee on these products is limited to three years.
• Input voltage range: 9-32Vdc
• Output voltage: 5Vdc +/- 0.1V
• Output power: 2.1A (single) 3.0A (double) - max 1.5A per socket
• Application: Charges all USB devices including Apple and Android
• Transient voltage protection: Meets ISO7637-2 International standard for 12/24Vdc vehicles
• Output noise: <50mV pk-pk at continuous load.
• Off load current (quiescent current): <1,7mA
• Power Conversion Efficiency: 90%
• Operating temperature: -25ºC to +50ºC to meet this specification table
• Storage temperature: -25°C to +100°C
• Operating humidity: 95% max., non-condensing
• Casework: Black polycarbonate body
• Connections: 6.3mm push on flat blade connectors, output: USB type A single socket/double socket - tested to 10000 mating cycles
• Output indicator: Blue LED output indication
• Mounting Method: 30mm diameter hole with or without bezel. USB2 for non through fitting applications
• Safe area protection:
- Over current: Limited by current sensing circuit
- Over heat: Limited by temperature sensing circuit
- Overvoltage and undervoltage: Limited by filters and sensing circuit
- Reserve Polarity: Limited by sensing circuit
- Transients: Protected by filters and rugged component selection
- Catastrophic protection: Internal fuse
• Approvals: 2004/30/EC The general EMC directive, Regulation 10 The automotive directive , 93/68/EEC The CE marking directive, AES5, ECE R118.02 and UL 94: V-0
• Designed to: EN50498, EN61373 and ISO 7637-2
To fully meet railway approval to EN50155 & EN50121-3-2 the PVPro is to be used in conjunction with a PV6i-R or PV12i-R
• Markings: CE and E marked
• IP Rating: IP30