Icom IC-M506GE Mobile Marine Radio
• VHF marine channels
• Maximum 25W RF output power
• ATIS and DSC channels with code sending
• Built-in GPS receiver with external antenna
• Integrated AIS receiver
• AquaQuake draining function
• Built-in active noise cancelling and external speaker amplifier
• Last call voice recording (max. 2 minutes)
• IPX8 waterproof protection
• Can be integrated into MarineCommander system
• MA-500TR AIS transponder can be connected
• This product refers to the rear microphone version
• VHF/DSC marine transceiver with NMEA 2000 connectivity and AIS receiver. The IC-M506 is packed full of features including integrated AIS receiver, NMEA2000 connectivity, ‘Last Call’ voice recording function, ‘Active Noise Cancelling’ technology plus Icom’s new intuitive menu-driven user interface and large dot matrix display making it really easy to use.
• Integrated AIS Receiver. With an integrated AIS receiver, the IC-M506EURO can show real-time AIS vessel traffic information on the display. The AIS target call function allows you to easily set up a DSC individual call. The Plotter, Target list and Danger list can be toggled on the display.
• NMEA 2000™ Connectivity. With the plug-and-play functionality of NMEA 2000, the IC-M506EURO can easily connect to a NMEA 2000 network. The IC-M506EURO can receive and transmit GPS (position, course (COG) and speed (SOG)), AIS report and DSC call information data and transmit radio frequency and PGN list data on the network. AIS data can only be displayed when connected to a compatible device via NMEA 2000. When using NMEA 0183, the IC-M506n2Kversion will only output DSC and GPS data.
• Last Call Voice Recording. The last call voice recording function automatically saves the last two minutes of the last incoming call. You can re¬play the received call, and not miss any incoming call.
• Active Noise Cancelling. Using digital signal processing technology, the built-in bidirectional active noise cancelling provides superb performance. It reduces background noise to up to 90% in the received signal and 30% fixed in the transmit¬ting signal. The function OFF setting is also possible.
• Intuitive Menu-Driven User Interface. The intuitive software key functions provide easy and fast operation to control the multiple functions of the IC-M506EURO. The bottom line of the dot-ma¬trix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons.
• 25W Two-Way Hailer. When connected to an external hailer horn, you can talk to people on the deck or shore from the radio’s mi¬crophone and can hear people’s reply via the hailer speaker. The RX hailer function allows you to monitor the received audio from the hailer horn. 25W amplifier increases your talk power making your communication loud and clear.
• Built-in Horn (Automatic & Manual). Foghorn feature is built-in via the external Hailer horn. Four horn patterns are selectable for the automatic horn function.
• ITU Class D DSC (Meets ITU-R M493-13). The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling re¬quest and DSC test calls. Up to 100 DSC address IDs can be programmed.
• Rear Microphone Version.* With this version, the microphone connector is drawn from the rear panel and a 6.1m (20ft) microphone extension cable i s supplied to allow you clean and neat panel installation. * Ask your dealer for details.
• IPX8 Advanced Waterproof. The IC-M506EURO and supplied HM-205B/RB microphone can withstand 1m (3.2ft) depth of water for 60 minutes.
• Simple remote control speaker-microphone, HM-205B/RB
• 15W audio output power (with external speaker)
• AquaQuak draining function
• Optional voice scrambler, UT-112 for private conversation
• MA-500TR AIS transponder and MarineCommander™ compatible
Optional COMMANDMIC™ for 2nd Station Capability:
• Full Control and Intercom. The optional COMMANDMIC, HM-195B/ SW provides 2nd station capability for using the IC-M506EURO from up to 18.3m (60ft)* away such as a separate cabin or tower. Most functions including DSC and AIS functions can be controlled from the COMMANDMIC and can be used as an intercom with the IC-M506EURO. One COMMANDMIC can be used. * Two optional OPC-1541 extension cables required.
• IPX7 Waterproof Construction. The HM-195B/SW withstands submersion in up to 1m depth of water for 30 minutes.
• Same Menu-Driven User Interface with IC-M506EURO. The HM-195B/SW provides same user interface with the IC-M506EURO. The directional keypad and softkey buttons allow you to perform various operations and settings. The audio and backlight levels can be set independently from the IC-M506EURO.
• External speaker connection
• Remote power ON/OFF function
• Black and super white color version
• IC-M506GE marine transceiver
• HM-205B microphone
• Hand hanger
• DC power cable
• Mounting bracket kit
• GPS antenna
Icom HM-205B Hand Microphone
The product is ordered directly from the manufacturer's headquarters in Germany. Depending on the manufacturer's stock, the purchase time is approx. 2-3 weeks.