Icom IC-F6400D UHF Mobile Two-Way Transceiver Radio
• Frequency coverage: 380-470MHz
• High-resolution colour LCD display
• 1024 programmable channels, 128 channel zones
• Integrated IDAS NXDN digital system
• Built-in Bluetooth and GPS receiver (optional external antenna is required)
• Lone worker and man down function with built-in motion sensor
• Detachable front panel
• Built-in SEL 2/5, CTCSS, DTCS coder and encoder, DTMF autodial
• Multiple controller configurations
• Equivalent to MIL-STD 810 C, D, E, F and G requirements
Introducing ICOM’s new generation of IDAS digital business radios. This smart new series incorporates cutting edge design, superb performance and a comprehensive range of sophisticated features all on a flexible, upgradable multi-protocol platform.
Icom manufacturing refinements and enhancements have not only reduced the size of the radios but have provided new functions and enhanced performance. The electrical and industrial hardware improvements provide an adaptable radio solution for your organisation that is easy to use whatever the working environment you may be operating in.
Icom’s product quality is legendary. Look smart and work smart with the new IDAS series.
High-Resolution Color LCD
The high-resolution transreflective colour LCD provides great visibility in both natural and indoor lighting. Functions and menu items are clearly labelled with easy to read. A night mode LCD setting is an available for use at night or in low lighting conditions.
Functions and menu items can be shown in local languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Simplified Chinese fonts. In addition, voice announcements can be recorded and changed for output in these languages.
License Key Upgrade
The radios functions and protocols can be upgraded and customized to meet your specific needs with various license key options.
NXDN™ Trunking Upgrade
The radios are compatible with IDAS digital conventional mode and analogue FM mode with auto sensing function. The radios can be upgraded to NXDN Type-D multi-site trunking mode with a license key.
DES/AES Encryption with OTAR
For digital communication security, the new IDAS radios provide basic 4-key DES encryption as standard. When used with the optional UT-134 encryption unit, 256-bit AES encryption and the OTAR (Over-the-Air Rekeying) function are available. The OTAR function allows updating of encryption keys over the radio channel.
OTAP and OAA
For efficiency in radio programming, the OTAP (Over-the-Air-Programming) function allows remote change of programming data (for example adding a new repeater) over the radio channel. The OAA (Over-the-Air-Alias) function sends user name over the radio channel and eliminates needs to program the alias table. Successfully manage your fleet with ease.
The built-in Bluetooth module provides remote operation and hands-free communication paired with a third-party Bluetooth headset*. When connected with Bluetooth telemetric devices or PC terminals, data or files can be wirelessly transferred. * Available functions depend on paired Bluetooth devices.
Digital Voice Recording
The new IDAS radios can record incoming and outgoing communications, and replay recorded communications. When a 32 GB microSD* card is used, a Max. 500 hours recording is possible. The recorded audio is saved in “wav” format and allows replay on the radio or a PC. * MicroSD card is required separately.
Transparent Data/ Text Message
The new IDAS radios can be used as a transparent data modem which transmits various data at 9600 bps over the radio channel using 12.5 kHz channel spacing. Text messages can send up to 100 characters text data message and scrolls the received message on the display.
ANC (Active Noise Canceling)
The ANC assists in providing clear comment. Some specified noise sources (such as sirens or boiler noise) can be canceled.
The Audio equalizer allows you to tailor the audio tone to suit speech characteristics and the language in use. Five types of tone controls – flat, high boost, middle boost, low boost and low cut – are available. The audio auto gain control function controls the speech audio to a constant, regardless of the input magnitudes of the voice or distance of the microphone from the mouth.
Position data can be sent with voice call or status call and can be used with an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) system. The GPS log functions log user position data at regular intervals and can be saved to a microSD card. The radios can show direction and distance to another radio or specified point, and notify you with a beep sound if the target is in the specified range. * An optional GPS antenna, UX-241, is required separately.
USB Port for PC Connection
The radios can be connected to a PC through a USB port for programming and accessing the installed microSD card in mass storage mode.
The new IDAS radios can notify channel number, zone and channel type with voice announcement. This function is convenient for making radio adjustments without having to look at the radio.
Multiple Controller Configurations
With a combination with optional separation kits, COMMANDMIC and separation cables, three types of controller configurations are available to suit almost any application or installation that may be required. The intercom function is available between controllers and/or COMMANDMIC.
• Detached Controller*: Optional RMK-5 and separation cable required. A detached controller head with the separated RF unit is a simple to install in almost any vehicle.
• Dual Head Controller*: Optional RMK-7, hand microphone and separation cables required. Suitable for double cab vehicles. Install the controller head to front and rear seats respectively.
• COMMANDMIC™ and Detached Controller*: Optional RMK-5, COMMANDMIC, HM-218 and separation cables required.) The COMMANDMIC is handy for installing a work platform on the rear part of the vehicle.
* Detached Controller, Dual head and COMMANDMIC configurations are for IC-F5400D/IC-F6400D only.
• 136–174MHz (IC-F5400D and IC-F5400DS), 380-470MHz (IC-F6400D and IC-F6400DS) wide frequency coverage
• 1024 memory channels with 128 zones
• IP55 jet water resistant and dust-protection
• MIL-STD rugged construction
• D-SUB 25-pin ACC connector with programmable functions
• Built-in 20W audio amplifier for connecting with external public address system
• VOX (Voice Operated transmission) function
• Internal clock
• High-speed scanning for Voting and multi-site operation
• Tactical group function for temporary regroup user groups
• Normal, priority and voting scan
• Lone worker and power OFF emergency functions
• IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional
• Type-D single-site trunking and multi-site trunking* (*Type-D multi-site trunking is a license key upgrade option.)
• 6.25 kHz and 12.5 kHz channel spacing
• Analog/Digital conventional mixed mode operation
• Text message
• Call alert
• Radio check
• Radio Stun/Revive/Kill
• Remote monitor
Analog FM Mode Features
• 2-tone, 5-tone, CTCSS and DTCS built-in
• DTMF autodial and DTMF decode
• MDC 1200 compatible
• BIIS 1200 compatible
• Basic LTR™ trunking
• Audio compander
• Inversion voice scrambler
Icom HM-221 Handheld Microphone
The product is ordered directly from the manufacturer's headquarters in Germany. Depending on the manufacturer's stock, the purchase time is approx. 2-3 weeks.