Alfatronix PowerTector PT200-L Low Voltage Disconnect (discontinued)
Key features of Alfatronix PowerTector PT200-L Low Voltage Disconnect
• Input voltage range: 9-32Vdc
• Output voltage: Equal to input voltage when operating
• 200A continuous power
• Fully programmable for higher or lower disconnect voltages
• Alarm and disconnect delay feature
• Switchmode design
• Life time warranty
• Confirms with IP65 standard (dust-tight and water jets protection)
• Dimension: 124 x 97 x 51mm 530g
• Lithium versions are designed to work with LiFePo4 battery voltages including 12.8V and 25.6V.
Possible reasons that the product is not available from the manufacturer anymore or we decided to remove it from our product portfolio. We gladly help you to find the best optional product instead of this type, please contact us.
Further details of Alfatronix PowerTector PT200-L Low Voltage Disconnect
SOLID STATE BATTERY GUARDS
The PowerTector Battery Guard is a solid state battery device that will monitor the source voltage and disconnect the equipment from the battery if the voltage falls below a pre-determined level. This can work to ensure that there is always sufficient voltage remaining in the battery to start a vehicle engine or ensure power is available for other critical applications. The total discharge of a lead acid battery can also cause damage to the cells significantly shortening the life of the battery. The PowerTector unit can also be set to disconnect equipment at a lower voltage that will still protect the battery from total discharge, while allowing for maximum battery usage.
A WIDE RANGE OF FEATURES
There are six units in the range from 10A to 200A. The 10A and 20A unit offer a simple inline system, usually wired to a specific piece of equipment. These units do not require chassis mounting and simply connect and tie wrap neatly within the wiring system. The 40A and 60A units are connected by M6 brass bolts, the 100A and 200A by M10 brass bolts and use a three point mounting system to avoid rocking or stress to the electronics when mounted on uneven surfaces. Heat is dissipated into our custom manufactured die cast casing and all units will operate at full power without additional heatsink dissipation.
MANUAL SHUTDOWN FACILITY
From 40A upwards, the units have the facility to be manually shutdown either through the ignition or a dedicated switch. In addition, from 100A upwards the units can have an override switch fittted. This allows the units to be reactivated for four minutes to allow emergency actions to be performed.
ALARM & DISCONNECT DELAY FEATURE (EXCEPT FOR TIMED VERSIONS)
An alarm output is supplied which, once the threshold has been reached for 10 seconds, will activate, sounding an alarm or other indicating device for a further 50 seconds prior to disconnection. This allows the operator to restart the engine or take other action to maintain continuous power.
Based on the successful standard PowerTector range for lead acid batteries, these lithium versions are designed to work with LiFePo4 battery voltages including 12.8V and 25.6V. The programming has been revised to include high voltages such that these PowerTectors can be used in conjunction with, or independently of, the battery management system.
All units in the range are supplied pre-programmed for a variety of scenarios offering higher or lower disconnect voltages and it is quick and simple to select the correct programme to suit your needs.
• Using the simple programming terminal, select the pre-set disconnect voltage according to your requirements.
• LED indicates operational status.
• Audible alarm and/or visual indicator can be installed in the dashboard or cockpit to alert operator of a potential problem.
• Switch terminal allows the unit to be operated via the ignition or a manual switch.
• The PowerTector battery guards offer excellent protection for communication and other mission critical applications
• Input voltage range: 9-32Vdc (Automatic Referencing)
• Output voltage: Equal to input voltage when operating (maximum of 100mV drop across terminals)
• Transient over current rating (% of continuous value): 110% for 10s; 200% for 1s; 300% for <0.5ms (On over current shutdown there is a retry every 30s)
• Quiescent current when shutdown (while running): Typ 2mA @ 13.6V, (PT40/60 Typ 4mA @ 13.6V), (PT100/200 Typ 6mA @ 13.6V)
• Isolation: >400rms between input, output and case
• Transient voltage protection: Meets ISO7637-2 International standard for 24V vehicles
• Electrostatic voltage protection: Meets ISO10605, ISO14982, >8kV contact, 15kV discharge
• Operating temperature: -25°C to +60°C to meet this specification table
• Storage temperature: -25°C to +100°C
• Ingress protection: IP65
• Casework: Silver anodised aluminium, glass filled polycarbonate
• Connections: PT10/20 Insulated 6.3mm push-on flat blade connectors; PT40/60 M6 ring tongues; PT100/200 M10 ring tongues; 6.3mm push-in flat blade connectors for earth, switch, override and alarm; Programming lead with 2.8mm blade connector provided
• Output indicator: Green LED for programming and output indication
• Mounting method: PT10/20 tie wrap to wiring (supplied); PT40/60/100/200 3off half inch No8 pozi pan head screws (supplied)
• Safe area protection:
- Over current: Limited by current sensing circuit
- Over heat: Limited by temperature sensing circuit
- Transients: Protected by filters and rugged component selection
- Catastrophic protection: Set by external input fuse (set by application demands) and ground line fuse max 1A
• Approvals: 2004/108/EC The general EMC directive; Regulation 10 The automotive directive; 93/68/EEC The CE marking directive; AESP5;
• Designed to EN50498, ISO 7637-2
• Markings: CE and E marked