Icom IC-M400BB Mobile Marine Radio (discontinued)
Key features of Icom IC-M400BB Mobile Marine Radio
• Space-saving, two-piece configuration
• VHF marine channels
• Maximum 25W RF output power
• ATIS and DSC channels with code sending
• Large, full dot-matrix display
• AquaQuake draining function
• Built-in active noise cancelling and 10W external speaker amplifier
• Can be integrated into MarineCommander system
• MA-500TR AIS transponder can be connected
• IPX7 waterproof protection
Possible reasons that the product is not available from the manufacturer anymore or we decided to remove it from our product portfolio. We gladly help you to find the best optional product instead of this type, please contact us.
Further details of Icom IC-M400BB Mobile Marine Radio
• The IC-M400BB consists of a two-piece, black box configuration. The RF unit, IC-M400BB, can be installed in an out-of-sight place and the COMMANDMIC, HM-195B/SW, provides full function control from up to 18.3m (60ft) away from the RF unit.
• Built-in bidirectional active noise canceller reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming calls. This could be really essential for you, making you heard when you really need to, such as when the weather conditions are poor or if engines are running.
• The IC-M400BB has a built-in 10W amplifier that increases the audio output from an additional external speaker. The public address function allows you to make an announcement from the microphone like a loud speaker, and the foghorn can also be emitted from the additional external speaker.
• The new, easy to use Icom marine user interface provides simple operation for the boat owner. A rotary selector, directional keypad provides intuitive operation.
• When connected to an external GPS receiver, current position and time are shown on the Commandmic display. When receiving position information from another vessel, the radio can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity.
• The IC-M400BB meets the latest Class D regulation (ITU-R M493-13 and EN 300 338-3). The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report*, polling request* and DSC test calls. *Available upon request.
• Choosable 25/1W RF output power
• The supplied HM-195B/SW Commandmic allows the AquaQuake Water Draining function which removes the water from the speaker's grill. Without this function, water may muffle the sound coming from the speaker. The transceiver makes a vibrating sound when this function is activated.
• When connected to an optional MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder, the AIS target call function allows you to set up an individual DSC call from the MA-500TR without having to manually input an MMSI number.
• MarineCommander compatibility. When connected to the MarineCommander, the received DSC message pops up on the multi-function display.
• LCD and keypad backlighting (HM-195B/SW)
• The favourite channel function allows you efficient scanning and quick channel selection. Set the favourite channel (★ mark) to the channels used most often. When pushing the up/down buttons on the hand microphone, only the tagged channels are selected, while unmarked channels are skipped. Normal and priority scan searches active channels from the favourite channels.
• Dual/Tri-watch functions
• Programmable channels
• Automatic scan function
• Instant access to Ch 16 and a programmable call channel
• Waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth for 30 minutes) (IC-M400BB and HM-195B/SW)
Standard Accessories of Icom IC-M400BB Mobile Marine Radio
Icom HM-195B/SW CommandMic Remote Control Microphone
The product is ordered directly from the manufacturer's headquarters in Germany. Depending on the manufacturer's stock, the purchase time is approx. 2-3 weeks.